Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cinnamon-Honey Butter

            I love when simple, and delicious comes together!  Quick is another good thing in my life.  You can pull this little goody together in a blink.
            There are some popular restaurants that serve this with their rolls…and you can even find some popular butter companies who sell it at your grocery market, some times only in certain seasons.  However, to me, nothing compares to making it yourself.  I love knowing exactly what is my food.  Several versions of Cinnamon-Honey Butter are out there, but I’ve experimented several times, and this is the recipe that works best for me, and our preferences.  You can play around with what you like...with a little more honey, or less powdered sugar, or cinnamon.  This is the perfect combination to me:

            Cinnamon Honey Butter

            Ingredients
            2 sticks salted butter (NOT margarine), at room temperature
            ¾ cup honey (I use local honey)
            1 cup powdered sugar
            2 tsp ground cinnamon


            Directions
            Place butter in bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment.  Mix for about 30 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients. 

When you get everything in the bowl, it will look like this:



Mix until desired consistency.  Give a good stir to make sure everything is incorporated well.  Place in your favorite dish and store in refrigerator.
You can see that I just placed my ingredients in a mixing bowl, and I used my hand mixer.  It works as well, but I will probably stick with using my stand mixer in the future…or I will use a deeper bowl if using my hand mixer, because I got a big cloud of powdered sugar when I turned the mixer on. Don’t you love those?  You know…the kind that shoots powdered sugar EVERYWHERE.  :)  Moving on…

Your finished product should look something like this:




This deliciousness will make a wonderful gift, or a special treat on your biscuits, muffins, waffles, pancakes, etc.  After I made this, I baked some banana muffins, and used the cinnamon honey butter on them.  SO good!  I also use it on top of pumpkin pancakes…again, SO good.  I’m sure you’ll find plenty of uses for it and I would love to hear what you use it on!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment