Friday, March 21, 2014

Shell Purse with Flower

            I really need to get back to finishing my daughter’s sweater that I shared (WIP Sweater) a few weeks ago, but I find that sometimes when I’ve been working a while on a bigger project, I have the need to work on something else.  For a change of pace, I put the finishing touches on this purse I started a few months ago (yes, me getting bored with a project in the middle of it and picking up something else is a common thing around here haha). 
            The purse is in Red Heart yarn, color Burgundy, and the flower is in Red Heart, color Aran.  I used the same flower pattern that I used here: Daughter's Crochet Poncho.  For the flower, you will need to know these stitches:
            Single crochet
            Double crochet
            Half double crochet
            Half Treble crochet    
            Treble crochet
            Picot
This adorable purse pattern came from: Tangled Happy.  The purse portion is worked in a double crochet shell pattern, and the handle is in single crochet, so this is a great project if you are just beginning.
This purse, I’m planning to give to my niece, who is 5-years-old.  I think it is a great size for her!  It ended up being about 6.5” in height:



…and around 8” in width.
           



            I’m planning to make one for my daughter, but will try making it a little smaller.  This wouldn’t be huge for my 2-year-old, but I’d just prefer something a little more compact for her.  
            


           Hope this has inspired you to create something special for those little girls in your life.  I look forward to playing with color combinations with this pattern.  

No comments:

Post a Comment