Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WIP Crochet Sweater

            I taught myself to crochet in 2000 and I have completed many, many projects since that time but I have never attempted a piece of clothing—not once.  For some reason, I have felt a little intimidated by the thought of making clothes.  Truthfully, I often enjoy projects that require minimal thought and row counting, or having to follow a pattern closely.  Finding time to crochet is a struggle some times, so I usually lean towards something I can easily pick up and complete a few rows on without having to spend precious time remembering where I left off.
            However, now that I have a daughter I have this urge to make her handmade clothes and I hate that didn’t force myself to find time to do this sooner, when she was smaller but I’m not going to focus on that.  Although we’re in the month of March now, it seems winter is still in full swing since we received another ice storm, with snow on top of it this week.  The princess is firmly in a size 2T top and can wear some 3T’s, but since winter is hopefully on its way out, I’ve decided to make this sweater a size 3T, hoping she doesn’t grow out of it by next winter before she has the chance to wear it a little.  Either way it’s a good way for me to practice.  Think I just need to get better about planning my projects.  For me, the best way to ensure that I finish some winter clothes for my children is not to start in the winter.  So maybe I’ll remember to start this summer.
            I searched through many patterns to find one that met my criteria that I mentioned above, and chose the Eloise Sweater from Moogly Blog.  Right now, I am working on the “skirt” portion, and I’m almost finished.  Probably today or tomorrow, I’ll begin on the yoke.  The original Eloise Sweater pictured is in gray with lovely rainbow stripes but I didn’t have all of that yarn on hand, or at least not colors I thought would work well together.  I wanted to use what I had, and wanted something a little more girly so I am working this in a fun pink and simple cream.  Right now, I’m trying to decide whether I’ll do the yoke in pink or cream.  I had originally thought pink, but I’m considering using the cream instead.  Here is my progress so far:


            Look forward to sharing the completed sweater with you!  What are some of your favorite sweater or clothing patterns?
            Tuesday's I link up with Time Warp Wife for Titus 2sday's.  


            Today I have linked to my Infinity Scarf Complete post.  Check it out and contact me to order your own today!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment