Monday, December 9, 2013

Infinity Scarf Complete

I wanted to share photos of my completed scarf.  Did I mention that I am in love with this yarn?  I used Red Heart With Love yarn, color: Plum Jam.  It is so soft, and the colors are beautiful.  Lovely purple and pink shades swirl in this pattern.  I love variegated yarn for projects like this!  It creates something so unique.  Here are my results:





As for the pattern I found it here: Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf

It is a wonderful pattern for a beginning crocheter and is super fun for any skill level.  It calls for 280 yds of yarn, which you can see from the example they give, makes for a much fuller cowl, because I had much less.  The skein of yarn I used began with less, because I had to use a little of it to finish another project.  However, as I already mentioned, I adore this color scheme and I wanted to use it and see what it would do in this pattern.  Even though it is not quite as full, I am still very, very pleased with the results.  Regrettably, I do not own a dress form, so I can’t show you right now what mine looks like doubled, but it works well in my opinion.  In this photo, I opened it up to show you what the “mesh” looks like:




The website where I found the pattern shows several different ways to wear it, one of which includes a tie and button.  I do want to make this as well, although I’m sure I will probably have to adjust the pattern slightly, as mine is not as bulky.  This was a success to me, and I am so thrilled with the results that I’m planning to get my hands on all the variegated yarn I can, so that I can begin creating other unique pieces.  I look forward to sharing those results too!


Still a few details to finish on my daughter’s poncho before I can share completed photos.  I want to add a flower to it, and I’m still searching for the perfect pattern.  

You can also follow me on Pinterest here: Infinitely More Than I Think on Pinterest

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment