Friday, March 14, 2014

Sipping Chocolate

            Have you ever indulged in this decadent drink?  I had heard of sipping chocolate, but never experienced it until recently.  I made a run to Trader Joe’s this week to replenish my stock of Cookie Butter, among other things, and saw this product:


            Chocolate was pretty much the only word I needed to suck me in, but sipping chocolate?  Oh, yes.  The name alone suggests something you get to spend time with and enjoy slowly.  My family is aware of my passion for hot chocolate.  I enjoy a cup of cocoa no matter what the weather—rain or shine, whether it is cold or hot out, it is one of my loves; therefore, it wasn’t a hard sell for me to pick up a container of this.
            After viewing some photos online, it seems sipping chocolate from scratch is probably a lot thicker than this mix turns out, although some photos did appear to look more like hot chocolate.  Maybe this is simply about preference.  No matter what is “standard” for sipping chocolate, this mix from Trader Joe’s is delicious. 
I used 1/3 cup whole milk, and the 3 Tablespoons of mix the directions call for to make Sipping Chocolate.  It also gives instructions for hot chocolate. Doesn't it look delicious?
           


            It has inspired me to make it from scratch in the near future.  Until then, I’ll be enjoying a cup of this every once in a while.  Today I am linking up with Time Warp Wife.  


Give it a look.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment