Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baby Crocheted Camouflage Hats

                Three babies have been born in my family, in the last 4-5 months.  With our relocation in August, I’ve struggled to find the time to make something for these precious babies until now.  I’ve also struggled to find my crochet supplies.  My pouch of crochet hooks is still nowhere to be found.  I’ve searched all the logical places, so I undoubtedly put them somewhere “safe” during our move, and now they’re so “safe” that I have no clue where they are.  I had a few random hooks in my main crochet bag…and that is the only reason I’m able to crochet anything right now.  
            All three of these babies were boys…so I decided to whip up the same thing for each of them.  I used Red Heart color: Woodsy for each of them.  I call them camouflage even though it’s not a traditional camo color scheme. Still looked to me like something you would wear to hunt. :)
            I had to adjust the pattern, and just kind of make it up as I went, because as I mentioned above, I can’t find all my hooks—and the pattern called for a size H.  I found a size G, which could have worked but I just honestly don’t care for using smaller hooks, so I used the next smallest size I have…size K. 
            One of the babies was born in August, so I made his size 6-12 months.  The other two are 3-6 month size.  I was able to finish all three very quickly, and I’m pleased with how they look.


          Pretty little hats all in a row:


No comments:

Post a Comment