Friday, March 7, 2014

Waffles with Cinnamon-Honey Butter

Apparently, March 4th was National Pancake Day.  Didn’t realize that when we woke up that morning and felt like waffles, but I figured it was close enough and a funny coincidence.  I brought out the waffle maker, my homemade baking mix, and let little man help.  He was excited to help me mix and pour ingredients into the batter.  I really should let him help more often.  I feel like there are some homeschool applications there that I can take advantage of—definitely some math opportunities, and connecting how to follow a recipe with the importance of following directions.
It’s funny to me that my little man LOVES waffles when we’re at home, but really wants pancakes when we’re having breakfast food in a restaurant.  You can read more about his disappointment about Waffle House not having pancakes in my post, The Battle of Eating Out with Kids.
Making waffles this week was also another great excuse to use up some Cinnamon-Honey Butter I had left over.  We received some syrup from Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks as a gift recently and it seemed like a great combination.  I was right!  Look at the deliciousness:




Did you participate in Pancake Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment